Important Mission of thePreacher
Text:- 2 Timothy 4:1-5
I. Is to be fulfilled as in the presence of the Divine Judge to whom alone he is ultimately accountable:
- The apostle speaks as one who will himself soon be in the immediate presence of God.
- Every preacher must sooner or later stand, and give an account of his stewardship.
- The preacher's work should be done with reference to the day of the Lord's appearing.
II. Necessitates the mastery of every method in order to attain efficiency:
- He must learn to be urgent in proclaiming the word in all seasons.
- He must study how to reprove and confute the gainsayers,
- He must study on how to instruct the willing hearers.
- He must have every effort to gain the best qualifications for making known the gospel and winning souls.
III. Should be faithfully prosecuted in times of defection and error:
- Teaching that aims simply to please can never instruct.
- Many are turning away from the truth but it is the duty of a true preacher to faithfully declare the truth.
- Error must be confuted by the clear and emphatic enunciation of sound doctrine.
IV. Demands constant vigilance and courageous devotion to duty:
- Feeling that he must soon be removed from the scene of conflict, Paul calls on Timothy to take his place and acquit himself with vigilance and courage.
- A time comes when our trusted friend and adviser is removed, and we must depend more upon ourselves.
1. Faithful preaching avoids error.
2. The preacher should strive to excel in the best method of putting truth.
3. The preacher should have eternity always in view.
Updated on 16-08-2020 12:14:17 by Silas Amulundu
Reading the Bible in One Year
Welcome to the start of our Daily Bible Readings
Church For All Nations Daily Reading Programme, (Reading through the Bible in One Year.
It would be so easy and less time consuming to just list the Daily Scripture Readings as we have on our Facebook pages for a number of years to encourage every Christian to find the books of their bibles themselves, which also is a teaching lesson.
The Question that keeps entering my heart;
What if a person doesn't own a bible through no fault of their own, simply because they are poor. Today we are going to give the Daily Bible Readings as the Scripture Verses on the home page of our website and will give the full written texts on our sermon page.
The Bible is the inspired word of God and is our source of strength to live our daily lives that is pleasing to God and to
strengthen us when faced with sinful desires of the heart and to share God’s love to our family, friends and neighbours.
Church For All Nations is now call for 2019 to be the year of studying the bible, so that we will be equipped when faced
with any new challenges or questions that we may be asked about our faith.
Our One Year Bible Reading Programme is a daily reading of the Old testament and the New testament.
It doesn’t what day of which month you start your Bible Reading, it will take you 365 days from the first verse of Genesis
to the last verse of Revelations.
During your study it is very important to understand the fullness of God’s message; the Bible is a wonderful book and
when studied will be our constant guide.
The Old and the New Testament daily readings are included from the beginning, some of our daily bible readings will also have readings from both the Old and the New testaments, both books are very important to your bible studies.
The Bible is our teaching Manual, The Holy Spirit is our Teacher.
Before you begin to read through the Scripture Readings, Pray and ask God to speak to you through His Word and to open your heart to what he is.Start to study His word slowly, don’t rush your reading, read through the passages in one go and then each verse slowly. Looking up the various scripture verses in a good Bible Dictionary and a good Bible Concordance, if you don’t have a Bible Dictionary or Bible Concordance, don’t worry as there are many books online that you can look at free of charge.Before too long studying your Bible will be an enjoyment and a pleasure as you draw closer to God each day through prayer and Bible Study.
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:6-17
Remember: Read the Scriptures, Study the Scriptures and inwardly digest the Scriptures, FINALLY, don’t just learn the scriptures for head knowledge; Store the Scriptures in your HEART and live by them and be guided by the Holy Spirit